How to Join
New members are very welcome, and can join at any time throughout the year. A 50% discount is offered for the first year of membership fees and the annual fee will be reduced for those applying part way through the year to reflect the number of remaining lectures. Please note that you must be sixteen years or over in order to be eligible for membership.
Here are the discounted subscription fees currently on offer for Autumn 2019 and until 23rd January 2020*:
Ordinary Membership (individual membership) £40.00 – Purchase here
Joint Membership (group membership for a maximum of two people) £64.00 – Purchase here
Under 30 Membership (individual membership for people under 30 years of age) £30.00 – Purchase here
Corresponding Membership (individual membership for people who live outside of the North West region of England or who would like to support the Society but do not plan on attending lectures) £15.00 – Purchase here
Student Membership (individual membership for people in full-time education) £6.00 – Purchase here
*Please note that new discounted rates will be offered from 24th January 2020. Former members are not eligible for discounted subscription fees. If you wish to reactivate a lapsed membership please contact the Office by email or on 0161 833 4187.
Existing Members Annual Subscription Fees 2019-20
Ordinary Membership: £118.00
Joint Membership: £189.00
Under 30 Membership: £89.00
Corresponding Membership: £44.00
Student Membership: £17.00
Benefits of Membership
– Priority booking for lectures
– Exclusive members-only seminars with distinguished speakers
– The option to purchase tickets for the after lectures suppers, which are regularly attended by the speakers
– Monthly e-newsletter with exclusive updates
– Online access to the latest editions of the Manchester Memoirs, which has been published continuously since 1785. The Memoirs contain transcripts of most of the lectures of the previous season.
– Full access to the Society's archives (by appointment).
– Full voting rights to help decided upon the future running of the Society (Ordinary and Joint Ordinary members only)