Benefits of Membership
– Priority Booking for lectures. Many of our more popular lectures will contain space for members and their guests only.
– An important element of the meetings is the chance to meet with other members before and after the lecture. Meals after the lectures are for members and their guests only and often provide the opportunity to discuss the lecture further with the speaker.
– Receive regular installments of the Lit & Phil e-Bulletin, which contains further information for forthcoming lectures, details of the costs of the optional suppers with menus, plus special articles on interesting topics and news from our affiliates.
– Access to the Manchester Memoirs, which has been published continuously since 1785. The Memoirs contain transcripts of most of the lectures of the previous season.
– Full voting rights for Ordinary rate members. We also encourage their talents and effort in furthering the work of the Society.
How to Join
If you are interested in joining the Society, please fill out this form. All applications are subject to ratification by the Council at Council meetings throughout the year.
New members are also eligible for a period of free membership.
Please note that you must be sixteen years or over in order to be eligible for membership.