29 September 2022
We are lucky to get the chance to have a fascinating glimpse of the history of some iconic aeroplanes at the Avro Heritage Museum, Woodford.
Avro (founder A. V. Roe) created many of the ground-breaking and iconic aeroplanes of the 20th Century, which were built on the site. Several of the cockpits have been restored, and the museum houses many fascinating exhibits detailing the history of the planes and the venue.
A guided tour has been arranged of the exhibition hall, followed by 2 x 15-minute cockpit tours of the Vulcan and the Lancaster.
Good to know:
- Tea/coffee will be available afterwards.
- Parking is available at the venue.
- The tour is due to start at 2 pm so it is recommended that you arrive between 1.30 – 1.50 pm to ensure you find suitable parking.
- Please advise if you have mobility requirements, hearing, mobility or vision impairment. There is no wheelchair access to the cockpits but there are interactive screens available for both jets.
- The cost of the ticket covers the guided tour.
One of our members Richard Lees has kindly offered to host a social before and/or after the AVRO Heritage Museum at one of his pubs nearby. Suitably named ‘The Aviator’, it is just a 15-minute walk from the museum and boasts many award-winning ales, craft beers and great food!
We have the option of having a meal there around 12.30 pm and/or having some drinks there after the tour.
If you’re interested, please RSVP by emailing email@example.com.