As of yesterday evening, the Royal Northern College of Music closed its doors on all public events (and students were to be taught online as and when possible) in order to limit the spread of the coronavirus. Therefore, any planned Lit & Phil events in the immediate future will have to be postponed, starting from this evening’s lecture (all intended attendees will be notified today). It is logical to also postpone any events at the MCC along with any other extramural activities.
We shall be informing members of other ways and means of accessing interesting and educational activities via online facilities/television/radio as and when we find them, so that brains can be kept sharp – especially if you fall into the category of people who will probably be asked to stay at home, and if not on email, then there is always the telephone by which to inform. Please watch out for further news from us and be reassured that we hope all our upcoming speakers will be able to come at a later date, when things return to some sort of normality.
- If you are feeling unwell with a cough, fever or other symptoms of a cold, stay at home and stay indoors for at least 7 days until well.
- Take extra care washing your hands, especially if you have contact with communal door handles, etc. Use hand sanitisers if you are unable to access handwashing facilities.
- Do not greet people with handshakes, use another way.
- Please read your emails regularly.
- Contact the office by email (email@example.com) or phone (0161 833 4187), though be aware that our staff may be working from home some or all of the time.
- Consult Public Health England at https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/ for up-to-date advice.
Please stay safe and well and be reassured that normal service will be resumed as soon as possible, and that the Lit & Phil 2020-21 season planning will be going ahead in the usual manner.
Dr Susan Hilton, President