I would like to reassure all members and guests, that we at the Lit & Phil are keeping a close ear to all the advice being given by Public Health England regarding the coronavirus infection.
Many of our attendees are not 21 anymore and would be more vulnerable to complications if they contracted the virus infection. So, as the venues we use – the RNCM and the MCC – are still open we have not yet postponed any of our upcoming meetings, the next one being on Monday 16 March (RNCM). Can I advise the following –
- If you are feeling unwell with a cough, fever or other symptoms of a cold, please do not come to a meetings stay at home and stay indoors until well.
- If you have been out of the country in the previous 14 days, please consider the fact you may have been to an area where there are a high number of virus infections and keep away from meetings.
- Take extra care washing your hands, especially if you have contact with communal door handles, etc. Use hand sanitisers if you are unable to access handwashing facilities.
- Do not greet people with handshakes, use another way.
- Please read your emails regularly, at least daily, in case we must postpone a meeting at very short notice.
- If you wish to cancel any bookings please do so as soon as you have decided, by email (email@example.com) or phone (0161 833 4187).
- If you need to contact the Lit & Phil office, please do so only by email or phone. Visits to the office are now restricted to planned meetings only until further notice.
- Consult Public Health England at https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/ for up-to-date advice.
Of course, we shall update you immediately if any meeting has to be postponed, as we have staff online every weekday, and we shall try to ensure that the speaker is given the chance to give his or her lecture at a later date.
Dr Susan Hilton, President